Friday, June 30, 2017

A Note of Farewell to My Kids

Dear Malcolm,

My impression of you is that you are a real gentleman!  You showed that so many times in so many ways during our group sessions, but one I remember is:

You and Micki were in the group alone. She was having some trouble figuring out where the author’s name was on the book cover.   You leaned over and said “Oh, here. I’ll show you.”  So nice!
By the way – you’re a great reader, too.  Keep it up!
Thank you for making Read-To-Succeed fun.
Ms. Kay

Dear Langston,

I have enjoyed having you in my Read To Succeed group this year! 

Remember the fun we had with compound words?  You picked out every one – including some I hadn’t seen!   You are the Compound Word King!
And have fun and learn a lot in Fourth Grade!
Ms. Kay


Dear Ada,

I love how your mind moves SO FAST!  You can go from one subject to the other with the greatest of ease.   You are intuitive. There’s a vocabulary word for you! It makes you special.
I’ve enjoyed working with you in my Read-To-Succeed group this year.
Have fun and learn a lot in Fourth Grade.
Ms. Kay

 Dear Micki,
I loved having you in my Read-to-Succeed group.
You started out shy and quiet. Now you are one lively girl! 
You are very good at persisting – that means you keep working to get your reading right.   When you don’t know a word you giggle and try again.  That’s a great quality for a good reader!
Have fun and learn a lot in Fourth Grade!
Ms Kay

Dear Amara,

I enjoyed working with you in my Read-to-Succeed group. In addition to reading, you have worked so hard to get your behavior right. 
And you helped others to do that, too! “Come on,” you’d say, “THIS is what we need to do.”
You’re a good reader! 
Have fun and learn a lot in fourth grade
Ms. Kay

Dear Zoe,

You are a big bundle of energy! And I love seeing you using that energy to read and learn.  Remember how much fun you had reading your part in the play?  You loved being on stage and are a good actor!  Have fun and learn a lot in fourth grade.
Ms. Kay

 
Dear Jared,

What fun we’ve had in Read-To-Succeed group!
I love how detailed your written exercises are! When you wrote a mystery, it had LOTS of characters and LOTS of clues.
And you are a good reader.
Have fun and learn a lot in fourth grade.
Ms. Kay



















No comments:

Post a Comment